INSPIRE Intern at FHTS
I hail from the Northeastern state of Meghalaya. I completed my Bachelor of Sciences in Biotechnology from St. Anthony’s College, Shillong in 2014 and Masters in Environment Science from Bangalore University, Bangalore in 2017.
Prior to FHTS, I interned at the Center for Ecological Science, IISc Bangalore (July 2017 – October, 2017) in a project entitled “Climate change and soil microbial functions”. I was in charge of conducting and analyzing soil samples of Spiti valley.
After this I worked on a part-time basis with Umbrello Design Solutions, Nepal (October 2017 – December 2017) where we conducted intensive research, analysis and report writing for the formative research on livelihoods to identify social behavior change approach.
In the recent past, (February 2018 – August 2018) I worked as a Research Intern at Wildlife Conservation Society of India, Nagaland. Here, I led a team of 8 to conduct ecological sign surveys and placement of 60 camera traps over 6 months and conducted approximately 70 village household interviews to understand their views on conservation. Also, I single handedly managed a project which required me to travel across Nagaland and interview important stakeholders.
During my free time I enjoy trekking, reading non-fiction novels and baking.
• The mission statement at FHTS coincides with the type of work I want to do in future.
• I want to get involved with the Urban Slums and Environmental Health Informatics project.
• Work here is context specific and goal oriented.
• It involves a lot of community engagement which I am passionate about.
• FHTS is focusing on sustainable developmental goals.
Expectations from FHTS
• Better understanding of slum environments
• Better understanding of technology based solutions
• Community participation
• Data analysis
Highest Education: Post graduation in Entrpreneurial Leadership - Naropa Fellows
Date of Joining: January 9, 2019
Date Of Completion: January 15, 2019