Defining Nutrition Informatics
Nutrition Informatics is an effective retrieval, organization, storage, and optimum use of information, data, and knowledge for food- and nutrition-related problem solving and decision-making. Nutrition informatics is the management of the information dietetics professionals need to practice successfully while tailoring recommendations to meet each patient’s specific needs.
Why the need?
- Nutrition informatics describes intersection of nutrition, information, and technology, and it underlies all areas of dietetics practice.
- Growing opportunity to facilitate technology-enabled behavioral change interventions to support NI research and practice.
- Management and interpretation of data could help clarify the relationships and interrelationships of diet and disease at international, national and regional levels.
- Need to prepare a NI workforce that could provide valuable tools to address the double burden of nutrition.
- The program combines theoretical aspect with presentation of practical solutions in real world settings.
Skills Student Acquire
- Use data for problem solving and improving practice outcomes.
- Use of systems for the effective collection, organization, and interpretation of data.
- Use of clinical information systems to find information related to patient care.
- Evaluation of quality of health information over the internet.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to address issues related to nutrition.
- Competency in the analysis, management, and evaluation of technology and applications.
- Examination of role of data, policy, and technology enabled behavioral change interventions to support nutritional informatics research and practice.
- Guiding consumers to apply the information available to them through informatics systems.
- Become a member and participate in nutrition informatics research team.
- Opportunity to develop technology based interventions to address problems related to nutrition.
- Opportunity to work in technological settings and communicate data and information effectively.
- Show nutrition informatics knowledge to better qualify for higher education.
- Integrate knowledge of nutrition informatics into nutritional care to enhances the quality of nutrition care.
- Improve the efficiency and quality of work with enhanced digital literacy.
- Synchronous and Asynchronous learning
- Weekly interactive lectures
- Weekly discussions
- Problem solving exercises
- Case studies
- Research Seminar
- Experiential learning
- Research advisor assigned
Graduates from all disciplines.
Fill up the form and submit your application.
Review and Acceptance
Receive decision letter about acceptance/rejection to the program.
Pay program fee either online or through Demand Draft/Cheque.
Account Creation & Access
You will receive instructions about your username and password to log into the FHTS Learning Management System.
Instruction and Training
All instructions on how to use the system will be provided.
T-10 & Launch
Welcome to FHTS and begin your classes.
|Program Duration||4 Months|
|For Indian National Students||INR 12,000|
|For International Students||USD 350|
- Organize and manage health information data.
- Maintain quality, accuracy and accessibility of data.
- Ensure the security of electronic and paper filing systems.
- Use data collected to help create dietary plans for patients.
- Apply human centered approach to design culturally and contextually relevant nutrition apps supporting improvement of population health outcomes.
- Evaluate nutrition informatics interventions across diverse disease topics, diverse populations across various settings.
- Program Duration – 16 weeks
- Total teaching hours – 240 hours
- Online live lectures – 16 hours
- Discussion forum / mentoring – 32 hours
- E-tutorial – 40 hours
- E-content – 40 hours
- Self-study hours – 40 hours
- Total number of credits – 8 credits