I am Mridula Sharma, a pre-final year B.Tech Biotechnology student at VIT, Vellore. Being a curious learner since childhood, I have always been fascinated by science which made me pursue my higher studies in Biotechnology as it encompasses a variety of related fields under it which gives me the chance to explore and learn more as I progress through. As public health involves a wide range of scientific disciplines, from epidemiology and biostatistics to environmental health and health policy, I plan to pursue it in my higher studies with a strong interest in science and research as a way to apply my skills and knowledge to real-world health problems.
I am a diligent and efficient student and with my passion for this field, I hope to be a valuable addition to your team.
Highest Education: B.Tech - Vellore Institute of Technology
Date of Joining: May 8, 2023
Date Of Completion: July 8, 2023
Goals I wish to accomplish during this internship -
1. Contribute to public health research: As a public health intern, I aim to contribute to ongoing public health research which can provide me with an opportunity to make meaningful contributions to the field and gain experience working in a research setting.
2. Gain experience working with public health data and public health surveillance systems: I aspire to work with public health data and make a meaningful contribution to public health initiatives by working on projects that address important public health issues.
3. Develop a deeper understanding of epidemiologic concepts: I hope to make use of this excellent opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of epidemiologic concepts and implement them in my higher studies and projects in the future.
4. Develop my skills: During this internship, I aim to develop various skills that are essential for a career in public health which include research, communication, data analysis, program planning, and project management.
5. Build my network: I hope to build professional relationships with people in the industry and aim to network with your colleagues, mentors, and other professionals to learn from their experiences and gain insights into the field.